Thursday, February 21, 2013

Snow Day!

It's Micah's 1st official snow day, and we are doing nothing but playing, relaxing and of course snacking. They called the snow day last night when there was absolutely nothing on the ground. But when I woke up to thunder and some snow falling, I thought okay at least there is something out there to justify the day off. But now at 11AM there is about 7 inches covering the driveway. I feel like I am back in Iowa! With large amounts of snow not really common here, they sometimes go a little crazy when we get a few inches. But in this case, I think they weren't that far off. And of course I am never going to complain about a snow day. Micah hasn't had much of a chance to play in the snow since we usually get a very small amount and then it melts really quickly.

This is how Micah went "sledding" a few weeks ago.
So now for an update. We have been loving life here in the Van Leeuwen Household. Some of the new events are that Micah got a "big boy" haircut. I wasn't too sure, but he was starting to get a bit shaggy and his shaggy just turns into a "I just woke up and my mom is too lazy to comb my hair" look. So Andrew helped me along and we got some inches taken off. He does look a lot older and more like a little boy then a my baby. And now we have lots of fun styling it and putting some gel in for the little kid Mohawk.

Before the Haircut


My Big Boy!











Other then that, not much else is new. Just loving our little man! He is a talker (ok so maybe he got that from me) and loves to tell you everything you are doing. He loves to point out your eyes - we are working on not poking the eyes, and enjoys telling us when things are "stinky", "silly" and "scary".  Right now he is really in to animals, trucks and Thomas. My favorite is his lion growl - he takes it very seriously and makes sure to get the grumble. And his favorite toy of the moment is his "boat" which is a plastic rocking thing we got at IKEA. He wakes up asking to ride the boat. It cost like $5 so of course that is his favorite!




This morning we tried "pudding painting". It was fun until he realized he could eat the pudding. Then it just turned into snack time. So we both had some chocolate pudding at about 8:30 this morning. Hey, it's a snow day! (and sorry for embarrassing you, Micah if you read this in the future - it's your first shirtless photoshoot! I didn't feel like doing chocolate laundry.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment